Search information pages
1. What are article metrics?
Article metrics provide information on the usage and dissemination of published articles.
- Examples include:
- article accesses
- article coverage in the media and on blogs
- bookmarking/rating/discussion via bibliographic tools/sites such as Papers, Mendeley, Zotero, ReadCube, F1000 and ResearchGate
- social media sharing, such as Facebook and Twitter
Article metrics are provided for all articles, published by Genome Biology, to help readers assess the importance and impact of these articles.
- What are article metrics?
- Why do BioMed Central journals provide metrics at the article level?
- What article metrics do BioMed Central journals provide?
- How do BioMed Central journals use article metrics to help readers discover interesting articles?
- Do the article access counts include accesses on other websites and bibliographic databases?
- How does BioMed Central ensure article metrics are reliable?
- What plans does BioMed Central have to enhance its article metrics?
- Other useful links and tools relating to article metrics