Search information pages
5. Do the article access counts include accesses on other websites and bibliographic databases?
Currently, BioMed Central journals only tracks article accesses on BioMed Central web pages.
As articles published in Genome Biology are available on SpringerLink, and other bibliographic databases, the numbers displayed on the ‘Article Metrics’ page are an underestimate of total usage.
Full information on the bibliographic databases that Genome Biology articles are indexed in can be found here.
- What are article metrics?
- Why do BioMed Central journals provide metrics at the article level?
- What article metrics do BioMed Central journals provide?
- How do BioMed Central journals use article metrics to help readers discover interesting articles?
- Do the article access counts include accesses on other websites and bibliographic databases?
- How does BioMed Central ensure article metrics are reliable?
- What plans does BioMed Central have to enhance its article metrics?
- Other useful links and tools relating to article metrics