Figure 5.

Repeat count versus maximum repeat length for 2,267 complete genomes. For each genome, the number of repeat regions >500 bp is given on the horizontal axis and the size of the largest repeat in the genome is given on the vertical axis. A smoothed scatterplot of all complete genomes is in the center, with the corresponding histograms for each axis at the top and right. The figure is cropped to show only repeat counts <300 and maximum repeat size <30 kbp. This comprises 95% of the data, with the remaining 5% containing a maximum repeat >30 kbp or more than 300 repeats. In the extremes, class II genomes can reach over 800 repeat copies, and class III genome repeats can exceed 100 kbp [26,33].

Koren et al. Genome Biology 2013 14:R101   doi:10.1186/gb-2013-14-9-r101
Download authors' original image